After a referral from an insurance company we visited the site on the same day as requested. Joiners had lifted part of the bathroom floor due to spongy flooring and a suspect bath leak. They found in addition to the bath leak the soil pipe from the toilet was also separated and raw sewage had been spilling into the solum for some months.
Toilet solids and water had flooded under the bathroom and hallway. Our investigation by lifting carpets and hatches revealed the extent of the contamination was limited to these areas and not spread under the lounge and kitchen but was quite extensive.
Up to 30cm of solid waste and 50 mm of liquid was also contaminated with sewer flies and surprisingly little smell until the floor was opened up. A quote was supplied and accepted and we booked the clean-up for a weeks time as we had to wait for the go ahead.
Our process is as follows:
- Lift the hall carpet and underlay.
- Suit up in disposable white suits, wellies, mask, goggles and gloves.
- Spread copious amounts of absorbent compound over the contamination.
- Cut away remaining floorboards in the bathroom including a rotten joist
- Cut away old pipework
- Cut an opening along the length of the hallway.
- Lift out builders rubble insulation old pipes and loose rubbish. Double bag and remove.
- Dig out solid waste (the smelly bit which had the apprentice gagging) double bag and remove.
- Add more absorbent compound Stamp in to soak up liquids and dig out into double bags.
- Sweep the area clear of absorbent compound taking particular care with edges and corners to ensure no contamination is left behind.
- Disinfect all areas affected.
- Refit floorboards.
- Clean all areas
- Remove bags of rubbish from site.
- Colleagues from another company came in behind us and fogged the area with fly killer on 3 separate visits then refitted the carpet.
G61. Bearsden G62. Milngavie G13. Knightswood, Anniesland G14. Jordanhill, Yoker, Scotstoun, G12. Hyndland, Hillhead, Kelvinside, Kelvindale G11. Broomhill, Thornwood, Partick G15. Drumchapel G20. Firhill, Kelvinside, Maryhill G3. Finnieston, Kelvin Grove, Woodlands, Park Circus G60. Bowling, Old Kilpatrick G81. Clydebank G63. Balfron, Strathblane, Kilearn, Blanefield G64. Bishopbriggs, Torrance, Balmore G66. Kirkintilloch, Lenzie, Milton of Campsie, Lennoxtown G51. Govan G52. Hillington G78. Barrhead, Neilston PA1, PA2 & PA3. Paisley PA4. Renfrew PA5. Johnstone PA7. Bishopton PA8.Erskine PA11. Bridge of Weir PA13. Kilmacolm PA14. Langbank G41. Pollockshields G73. Rutherglen ML4. Bellshill ML3. Hamilton G75. East Kilbride G46. Giffnock G76. Clarkston